Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Post 3

In all honesty, I think my biggest problem regarding this project is time management. Last week, I had stage crew every day and didn't get home until about 9:30 at night. While I love working at stage crew, the timing for the play is quite unfortunate considering I need the time to draw during these weeks. Sadly, I barely got anything done last week. That means this week I need to work extra hard to stay focused and to get my drawings done.
Another problem I've been having, which is one I mentioned in an earlier blog post, was being able to focus on one drawing for a while. I feel as if I have started too many, and haven't finished enough. I have started about five and have only finished two. I guess this kind of could go along with time management.
Other than working hard on my drawings during the few hours of free time I get this week, I am also planning on going out and finding a monthly calendar. Personally, I am a visual learner and having a calendar with all my goals laid out would be very helpful for me!
One of the pieces I am working on is left at the museum I take classes at, which sets me back a bit, but not to worry! I can still work on other pieces in the meantime. Again, this kind of messes up my original goal of having one drawing done a week, but I think I am still almost on track of where I should be.
There was something that Jess Miao posted one of the first weeks that I think would be really helpful. She posted a picture showing her progress. I think this is a really helpful tool and helpful tool and I have decided to make one of my own, helping my visualize how much of each drawing I need to finish.
This is the progress bar so far. Hopefully soon I will have more names on it! 

Another problem I have faced is that I plan on doing one of my drawings digitally, using a Wacom tablet (which I already own). In a perfect world, I would like to be able to see all of my drawings laid out and have a tangible copy of them, which means I would have to find a way to print this drawing. Other than having a tangible copy, I would also like to be able to have a copy to post on here! By the time I get home at night, my room is dark and the even with the lights on it is hard to take a decent picture. I took a picture of the progress bar, but that is only because it is not as important that the colors show up vividly on there as it should in my drawings. I would like to find a way to scan my drawings and be able to upload them onto my computer. Hopefully I will have found a way by my next post!! Some of my drawings are large, which makes them hard to scan, but I'm sure I can think of some way to upload them onto here!
Like I talked about in earlier posts, I wanted to focus the mood of my drawings off the mood of the subject, reflecting how they act and what their personality is like. I would also like to place other objects in the drawing that I think represent them. For example, in the drawing I am doing for my friend Leanne, I drew her in the outfit seen in the movie Heathers. I did this because Leanne likes both fashion/clothing and the movie Heathers, so I thought this would be an interesting way to incorporate something she likes into the drawing!
Just like I focus the mood of the drawings on the mood of my friends, I pick which drawing I work on based off of which mood I am. I don’t know if this is helpful or a setback. It could be helpful because when I am in the mood to work with a certain medium, it makes me more motivated and overall I do a better job. It could also be a setback because I can’t get one drawing finished at a time.

By next week, I hope to have more drawings finished, a monthly calendar, and more progress in my progress bar. Wish me luck!! :)


This weeks comments:

Hannah

Sarah

Madi

No comments:

Post a Comment